Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review: Clinique Take The Day Off makeup remover

REVIEW - Clinique Take The Day Off

Today on The Lovely Nerds I am bringing you a review of Clinique's Take The Day Off makeup remover. Want to see more? Keep reading -->

The latest makeup remover I have decided to try out is Clinique's Take The Day Off. This is an oil based makeup remover and it retails for around $15.00.


This product claims to be fragrance free. I haven't detected any strong scent to the product, so this claim is basically true. It also claims to be gentle, I can confirm that claim. This product has caused me no irritation or breakouts.

This being an oil based remover, you must shake it well before use in order to mix the two separate parts together.

For the most part, this product does its job. I do have to follow it with a face wash or my toner to remove whatever it leaves behind, so it does not get 100% off. It does leave behind an oily residue, also causing me to have to follow it with a cleanser of som sorts.

This isn't a huge winner in my book, but it works well enough to justify the purchase.

THE GOOD:
« The price.
« Living up to its claims.

THE BAD:
« The oily residue.

ITS JUST ALRIGHT:
« How thorough it is.

OVERALL:
This is a decent makeup remover, not the best and not the worst.
Rating:
Use: 2/5
Packaging: 4/5
Price: $$
Repurchase? Probably not.
Thanks for reading :)

COMING UP ON The Lovely Nerds:
« Review: Revlon Lip Butter - Tutti Fruiti

PREVIOUSLY on The Lovely Nerds:
« Project Use It Up - April

No comments:

Post a Comment