Monday, June 4, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation First Impressions

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation First Impressions


Today on The Lovely Nerds I am bringing you my first impressions of Revlon's newest foundation, Colorstay Whipped. Want to see more? Keep reading -->


In compliance with the internet hype, I ran out and got Revlon's Colorstay Whipped foundation. I was reading and seeing mad raves for this new foundation. Of course, curiosity got the best of me and I've given it a try. This post is just my first impressions of the foundation, a more in-depth review will be coming later.

First off, this foundation is available at drugstores, Target, Walmart etc. The prices I've seen range from $10.99 to $13.99. You are basically paying for the bulky, heavy packaging the foundation comes in. My opinion? It is not worth the $13.99. Grab this foundation when Revlon is on sale somewhere if you want to try it, especially since you will quite possibly have to exchange it for a different shade.

This Colorstay foundation seems to run slightly lighter than the original, so your Colorstay shade you know may not be the right one for you in this foundation. You cannot see the color well through the glass jar. It distorts the pigment and makes everything look really light, then once you open the jar you get a darker foundation.

The jar does not come full to the brim, so I'm not positive that the full .8 Oz are really in the jar. If it is a full .8oz, they need to put it in a smaller package. The half full jar makes you feel a bit like you are getting jipped.

The coverage for me was medium to full, and the finish was a very, VERY flat looking satin finish. A forewarning, this foundation has salcylic acid in it which can drastically dry out this skin. This was my first experience with this foundation. If you are sensitive to salcylic acid, you may want to avoid.


This swatch is of the shade 150 Buff, which is fairly pale as you can see. You can also see, the formula is quite thick and the coverage is fairly heavy. You can definitely feel this sitting on your face.

A more in depth review will be coming soon.

Thanks for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment