Monday, March 5, 2012

Review: Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm

 TOO FACED TINTED BEAUTY BALM

Today on The Lovely Nerds, I am bringing you a review of the Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm. Want more info? Keep reading -->


This product is most readily available at Sephora and on Sephora.com here. The price tag is $32.00, which for some is a bit pricey. I picked mine up at my AAFES military exchange for $27.50.

From Sephora's site:

Tinted Beauty Balm SPF 20

What it is:
A multi-benefit BB cream that tints, primes, nourishes, prevents, and protects skin in one easy step.

What it does:
This innovative cream offers both makeup and skincare benefits in one effortless step. Achieve better-than-real looking skin today and healthier skin long term by using this antiaging, multi-mineral complex that promotes cell health, strengthens skin's elasticity, and enhances luminosity. This versatile tinted skin perfector instantly delivers oil-free hydration and primes the skin while protecting with a chemical-free SPF 20 UVA/UVB broad-spectrum sunscreen. Wear any of the shades alone or under foundation to achieve your ideal level of luminous coverage.

What else you need to know:
This formula is hypo-allergenic and soothing for all skin types.
Size: 1.5 oz




The packaging is your standard pink Too Faced box and the product itself comes in a tan-beige tube. No pump on this product, but I don't find myself squeezing out too much product too awful often when using this. Being 1.5 FL Oz I feel that this tube will last a user for a long time.

This product is marketed as a multi-benefit skin care makeup. I cannot confirm or deny this claim, I haven't seen any real improvements in my skin since using this beauty balm, but I do not have many skin problems to begin with. Your experience may be different than my own. It is a broad spectrum SPF 20 sunscreen, which is good all around.

It does take the place of multiple makeup routine steps, so this is a good product for when you are short on time. It is your sunscreen, moisturizer and foundation in one. Busy moms? Career ladies? Full time students? I fully recommend this for you!

I purchased this product in the shade Vanilla Glow. These shades do run on the yellow side, but I find that it blends in with my pink skin tone quite well. The coverage is minimal at best, but for what it is it does do a good job. A little goes a long way with this product. It has a very light smell that is easy to tolerate.

As I mentioned, this product does run yellow as far as shades go. However, the coverage is so sheer it really isn't much of a problem or deciding factor for this particular base item.


THE GOOD:
« The blendability.
« The light scent.
« Lack of negative skin reaction.
« Lasting power.

THE BAD:
« The price.
« The limited color range.
« I'd prefer a pump of some sorts.

ITS JUST ALRIGHT:
« Packaging.
« The coverage. Could be better.
 
OVERALL:
My opinion of this product is average to above average. It is not a bad product, but it's not amazing or HG status for me.

Rating:
Use: 4/5
Color range: 2/5
Packaging: 4/5
Price: $$
Repurchase? To be determined.

Thanks for reading :)

COMING UP ON The Lovely Nerds:
« Weekly Series: Holy Grail Items
« All previous reviews will be edited and rewritten with more details and information, if you've read them you may want to go back for another look :)
« In the next couple of weeks, a makeup collection post. 

PREVIOUSLY on The Lovely Nerds:
« Clinique Great Skin, Great Deal review 

2 comments:

  1. I was actually thinking of getting this on payday lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fairly worth the price, especially if you get it from the px lol

      Delete